You prefer Invisalign as it is a transparent teeth brace for teeth straightening. Yet, you go for Invisalign treatments due to the traditional metal braces are painful. A new Invisalign brace does give some pain in the beginning. It might cause pain in all teeth or Invisalign pain in one tooth. The truth and fact are there is no gain without pain. Here, we have discussed Invisalign pain, cause, and precautions.
Invisalign Pain in the Beginning
Your Invisalign authorized orthodontist would have given full details on Invisalign treatment. They will give this while in consultation. Your doctor would have said some minor pain on the tooth or jaw. It would occur at the beginning of teeth straightening treatment with Invisalign.
- A dental patient will feel some pain in the first week after wearing Invisalign. It is an orthodontic device to straighten crooked teeth.
- Invisalign pain must vanish within a week, with a dental patient wearing them for 20-hours a day.
If pain persists for more than a week, you must consult your orthodontist. Yet visit your dentist where you are undergoing teeth straightening treatment with the latest Invisalign orthodontic procedure.
Causes of Invisalign Pain
Invisalign pain in one tooth is a positive result that your Invisalign is working. Some patients might feel pain in one tooth. It is common to see in those patients who have crooked teeth. It will help you to see your dentist if you feel too much pain. Yet, your dentist might prescribe some painkillers in the beginning.
- Invisalign pain on a single tooth can happen any internal tooth decaying while under Invisalign treatment.
- Invisalign pain can happen when you bit hard food.
- Invisalign pain on a single tooth will occur when you do not wear them as suggested by your doctor.
- Invisalign pain can occur when you brush with a hard brush soon after any food you consume.
- If you have gum disease, pain in a single tooth is common.
- You might feel pain while chewing food too.
- Invisalign pain will happen on one tooth if you hide your earlier dental treatments while in Invisalign consultation.
If the pain continues for the second week, you must visit your Invisalign dentist. Yet, the Invisalign pain in one tooth is common when a patient changes their Invisalign braces while in treatment. But, it must not persist more than one week is the rule.
Invisalign Pain and Precautions
If you feel severe pain, it is advisable to visit your dentist as an emergency. Taking self-medication with a painkiller is not an immediate remedy. It will help you if you visited the clinic of the Invisalign practitioner.
- Your dentist will check for any damages on the aligner and your teeth.
- You must report if any accidental hit on your jaw or facial region.
- Pain can happen when you try to remove your invisible brace with a sharp tool.
Your doctor will check and give you pain relief medication if necessary. It will be after consulting with you. But, you must not visit a local dentist. They are not certified by Align Technologies to practice the Invisalign procedure.
Invisalign pain in one tooth is showing your new invisible orthodontic device has started working. Some might not feel any pain at all. Some patients feel mild pain, and it goes away within a week as and when they change braces to move teeth to the desired position. It would help if you could follow the instructions and procedures to wear Invisalign. You must do this while on teeth straightening treatment.