Overbite is a dental problem when your upper teeth overlap with your lower teeth. An Overbite can lead to speech impediments and might need surgery if not treated in the initial stage. Today, there are many orthodontic appliances and orthodontic treatments to correct overbites. The mandibular advancement in cosmetic dentistry is with Invisalign treatment. Invisalign is invisible braces or clear braces like porcelain veneers. Hence, beauty-conscious candidates can hide his or her dental treatment. This is not the same with traditional braces like ceramic, metal braces, and metal brackets with rubber bands. They look ugly on your face. Sometimes, you have to hide your smile. Hence, Invisalign fixes overbite with a smile on your face.
Here, we have discussed how to correct your overbite with Invisalign, cost, treatment time, plan, and orthodontic care while in treatment. It would help if you did not try how to fix an overbite naturally when you decided to make Invisalign treatment. It is advisable to read some Invisalign reviews and check some Invisalign overbite before and after photos and videos online and in dental patient forums.
Overbite Correction Cost by Invisalign
A candidate with overbite issues must request an appointment with an Elite Invisalign provider. This is because they are experienced orthodontists, who are certified by Invisalign. They know how to fix overbite with Invisalign aligners. Doctors will say what can Invisalign not fix. They will tell you about the cost while in the Invisalign consultation.
Cost of Overbite Correction with Crowded Teeth
Yes, is the answer to the questions like can Invisalign fix overbite and crowding teeth? A candidate must book an appointment to fix an overbite with a nearby Invisalign provider. Consultation is free with any Invisalign providers. They will do a complete dental checkup with 3-D X-rays and digital scanning. They will measure your overbite with your bottom teeth, and say how long does it take to fix an overbite. The Invisalign therapy costs include the below-mentioned things.
All lab facilities for fixing your overbite are within the Invisalign provider’s office. Hence, they will not send you to other labs for taking X-rays or dental imaging. The lab charges are inclusive of making Invisalign braces. Here, you have to digital take X-rays to see improvement and to make braces.
Number of Braces
When you compare braces, Invisalign, the former is fixed braces, and the latter is a removable one. To fix overbites, a patient needs to replace braces as his or her teeth movement improves. Here, they have to wear more than one aligner in a month. Hence, you have to pay more when the number of braces exceeds the promised time. They may charge up to $ 1,800 to change your brace as they move your teeth to fix overbites.
Overbite after Braces
Invisalign to fix overbite does need Invisalign retainers. This will be an additional Invisalign cost after treatment. However, retainers cost a few hundred USD only.
Your Invisalign orthodontist will prescribe pain relievers and painkillers. You have to buy them additionally to curb pain caused due to aligners.
Types of Overbites
The cost to fix overbites varies with patients. You must request an appointment and meet Dr to know can Invisalign fix an overbite. They will tell you an estimate after examining your deformed top teeth. On average, a patient might have to spend $ 3,000 to 10,000 to Invisalign fix our overbite problems.
Overbite Correction Cost with Existing Dental Issues
You will be treated with Invisalign if you have corrected the below-mentioned dental issues.
- If you are under any exercises to correct an overbite, you must complete those dental therapies and come for Invisalign treatment.
- Any dental crowns you wish to fix must be fixed a month before, if you are willing to take Invisalign treatment to correct an overbite.
- It would help if you cleared gingivitis, tartar, or plaque before availing of Invisalign treatment to correct an overbite.
- Dental implants might be necessary in case of any dental emergencies. Yet, you can take Invisalign treatment after three months only.
- You must get a cure for gum disease in the front teeth before availing of Invisalign treatment.
- A candidate with jaw pain or in the lower jaw pain caused due to overbite must first consult a Maxillofacial Surgeon.
- A candidate with any facial injuries near the upper jaw must treat them before taking Invisalign treatment to correct overbite problems.
- It would help if you treated lower jaw pain and any gum diseases in lower teeth before taking Invisalign treatment to correct an overbite.
- It would help if you treated any tooth decay two months before taking Invisalign treatment to correct an overbite.
- You must do tooth extractions if they are decayed very badly.
Hence, the treatment above-mentioned may cost you a few hundred to thousand dollars. It would help if you were cured and go for an Invisalign consultation. It is advisable to visit the Invisalign website and create a user login for online consultation.
If you agree to pay the full cost or come under an Invisalign treatment plan, you make an online payment with your user login. The Invisalign provider accepts PayPal, debit cards, and credit cards. If you have dental insurance, you must show them before billing to get a claim for Invisalign treatment for an overbite.
Do’s while in Invisalign Overbite Treatment
- Brushing and flossing are allowed while in any Invisalign treatment. This will maintain your dental hygiene.
- You can eat and drink as usual by removing your invisible aligners.
- Invisalign moves your teeth when you wear aligners for 20 to 22 hours per day.
- You can drink normal water without removing your aligners.
Frequently asked questions about can Invisalign fix overbite?
How long does it take to fix an overbite with Invisalign?
Invisalign may take a year or so to correct an overbite. This also depends on the patient’s skeletal or dental health while treating overbites with Invisalign.
Can Invisalign fix a severe overbite?
Yes, severe overbite is possible to treat at a younger age than adult age. Your Invisalign orthodontist will say this after an oral examination.
What can Invisalign not fix?
Invisalign aligners cannot correct any gapped teeth. A candidate with bridgework is not eligible to fix an overbite.
Are braces or Invisalign better for overbite?
Yes, both are better for overbite correction. Yet, Invisalign’s price is a thousand times higher than traditional metal braces.