Can I Eat Ice Cream With Invisalign – Doctor’s said
Make sure you take your aligners out before you eat ice cream, or you may need them. There is a chance that this will make your treatment last longer and cost you a little more. You cannot eat ice cream with Invisalign. However, there is a new trend of people who are wearing their Invisalign while they eat so that it can blend in with their teeth and make it seem like they aren’t wearing anything.
- Ice cream can leak into trays and cause damage.
- Sugary ice cream can stay on teeth, causing decalcification
- You should avoid eating your aligner trays, as they are not meant to be ingested.
- You can eat most foods with Invisalign, but some may cause problems.
- You cannot eat any foods that may break your aligners.
- Invisalign is not recommended for individuals who are allergic to sugar.
- While wearing Invisalign, avoid eating candy, cakes, and other sweets which can break teeth.
- Anything high in sugar content should be avoided while Invisalign.
- Anything sticky may cause damage to your trays.
- Citrus fruits can also eat away enamel protection, which should be avoided when wearing Invisalign
- It is best to avoid drinks that contain high amounts of acid.
- Coloured beverages should be avoided because they may cause stains on the teeth.
- Invisalign wearers can eat anything they want, with the exception of acidic beverages and foods like coffee and tea which cause tooth decay.
- The aligner must always be removed while eating to prevent dental decay.
- Plaque can cause the aligner to be out of place and not fit properly if plaque builds up on teeth.